In order to maintain awareness of sex offenders living in your neighborhood, we have added a Sex Offender Registry to our website. The registry will allow you to enter any local address. It will then provide a list of all registered Elkhart County sex offenders living within a one-mile radius within the boundaries of Elkhart County. If you are looking for information about a particular sex offender, registered in Elkhart County, the registry can help there as well.
We encourage you to take advantage of the free email notification. When a sex offender registers with the Elkhart County IN Sheriff's Office you will be alerted if the offender's address is:
The Elkhart County IN Sheriff's Office maintains a Sex Offender Registry as a public service tool. Individuals listed on this registry have been convicted of a sexual offense that requires them to meet a number of mandates including annual registration with law enforcement. This registry is designed to increase community safety and awareness.
This information is meant to educate you about offenders in Elkhart County. It has not been made available for you to take action against any individual. Any action against an offender which is determined to be a violation of law will subject the violator to arrest and prosecution. Please report all information on offenders directly to our office.
Purpose and Use of this Website
The Elkhart County IN Sheriff's Office maintains this Sex Offender Registry as a public service tool. This registry is designed to increase community safety and awareness. The information on this website has not been made available for the user or any other person to take any illegal punitive action against any individual.
Disclaimer of Liability
The County of Elkhart and the Elkhart County IN Sheriff's Office, as well as their elected officials, officers, agents, volunteers, and employees are not liable for any erroneous information on this website or any improper or incorrect use of the information described and contained herein. In no event will the County of Elkhart and the Elkhart County IN Sheriff's Office, nor their elected officials, officers, agents, volunteers, and employees, be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, exemplary, or consequential damages however caused and on any theory of liability, whether in contract, strict liability, or tort (including negligence or otherwise), arising in any way out of the use of this website and the information contained therein, even if advised in advance of the possibility of such damages. This disclaimer of liability applies to any damages or injury, including but not limited to, those caused by any failure of performance, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, computer virus, communication line failure, theft, or destruction or unauthorized access to or alteration of the information included herein; whether based upon breach of contract, tortuous behavior, negligence, or under any other cause of action or legal or equitable theory of law.
Disclaimer of Warranties/Accuracy of Data
Although the data herein has been produced and processed from sources believed to be reliable, no warranty expressed or implied is made regarding the accuracy, adequacy, completeness, legality, reliability, or usefulness of any information. This disclaimer applies to both isolated and aggregate uses of the data herein. The County of Elkhart and the Elkhart County IN Sheriff's Office provide this information on as "as is" basis. All warranties of any kind, express or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, freedom from contamination by computer viruses, and non-infringement of proprietary rights, ARE DISCLAIMED. If you have obtained information ostensibly from the Elkhart County IN Sheriff's Office from a source other than this website, be aware that electronic data can be altered subsequent to its original distribution. Data can also quickly become out-of-date. Furthermore, it is recommended that careful attention be paid to the contents of any metadata associated with a file, and that the originator of the data or information be contacted with any questions regarding appropriate use. If you find any errors or omissions, we encourage you to report them to our Webmaster. Due to the dynamic nature of the Internet, resources that are free and publicly available one day may require a fee or restrict access the next, and the location of items may change as menus, homepages, and files are reorganized. User expressly agrees that the use of this website is at the user's sole risk. Neither the County of Elkhart nor the Elkhart County IN Sheriff's Office, their elected officials, officers, agents, volunteers, and employees; nor third-party content providers or licensors, warrant that the service will be uninterrupted or error-free.
Choice of Law
Construction of the disclaimers above and resolution of disputes thereof are governed by the laws of the State.
Notice to all persons registering pursuant to the Indiana Sex Offender Registration Act. Be advised of the following:
1. Indiana has adopted a procedure that allows you to file a formal complaint about changes made to the Sex and Violent Offender Registry entry about you, or about a refusal to make changes that you request to the Registry. The procedure allows you to file an appeal if your complaint is denied, but it has a number of rules that you must follow in order to preserve your rights to complain and to appeal.
2. Those rules provide, among other things, that if you file a formal complaint in the proper manner with the local official who maintains the Registry, and if that official does not respond to you within 30 days, you may ask the Indiana Department of Correction to review your complaint. The rules provide, however, that after the 30th day with no response from the local official, you must submit your request to the Department within 7 days. If you wait longer than 7 days, it will be too late and you will lose the right to have the Department of Correction consider any and all the issues raised in your complaint.
3. You may read a complete and current copy of the whole procedure on the part of the web site of The Indiana Department of Correction that deals with sex and violent offenders.
4. You also may read a complete and current copy at the Registry web site.
5. If you are prohibited by law, by rule, or by court order from visiting the web site of the Department of Correction and the Registry web site, this office will make one complete copy of the procedure for you for the same cost as the office charges for other, similar copies.
For Information Regarding the Appeal Process CLICK HERE.