Acknowledgement and Warning:
South Carolina Sex Offender Registry
NOTE: You must click on the "Continue" button below to access Sex Offender Registry web site.
Before entering the web site, please read the following information:
- The County Sheriff's Offices and the South Carolina Law Enforcement Division update this information regularly, to assure that it is complete and accurate as possible. However, this information can change quickly and information on registered sex offenders is often provided by the registered sex offender themselves as required by law. This information may not have been verified by local law enforcement officials at the time it is posted on the website. You are cautioned that the information provided on this site is information of record and may not reflect the current residence, status, or other information regarding a registered sex offender.
- Individuals included within the Registry are included solely by virtue of their conviction record and state law. The main purpose of providing this data on the Internet is to make the information more easily available and accessible, not to warn about any specific individual.
- The following WARNING is posted pursuant to S.C. Code of Law §23-3-510:
"A person who commits a criminal offense using information from the sex offender registry disclosed to him pursuant to Section 23-3-490, upon conviction, must be punished as follows:
(1) For a misdemeanor offense, the maximum fine prescribed by law for the offense may be increased by not more than one thousand dollars, and the maximum term of imprisonment prescribed by law for the offense may be increased by not more than six months.
(2) For a felony offense, the maximum term of imprisonment prescribed by law for the offense may be increased by not more than five years."
- For further information on any registrant listed on this website or if you believe that any of the information found in these records is in error, please contact the South Carolina Law Enforcement Division, Sex Offender Registry at Post Office Box 21398, Columbia, SC 29210, Phone (803) 896-2601, Fax (803) 896-2311, or by e-mail at email@example.com
South Carolina Code of Laws mandate that the South Carolina Law Enforcement Division develop and maintain the sex offender registry. The intent of these laws are to promote the
state's fundamental right to provide for the public health, welfare, and safety of its citizens. Notwithstanding this legitimate state purpose, these provisions are not intended to violate the guaranteed constitutional rights of those who have violated our nation's laws.
The sex offender registry will provide law enforcement with the tools needed in investigating criminal offenses.
To view a copy of the laws please go to S.C. Code of Laws Title 23, Chapter 3, Article 7, and Sections 400 through 555 using the following link: www.scstatehouse.gov